ENGL 301 Application Letter

Byung-Sun Park

2075 West Mall, Vancouver, BC

byungsun@student.ubc.ca

January 24, 2023

ENGL 301 Students

University of British Columbia

Dear ENGL 301 Students,

I am excited to submit my application to join a professional writing team for ENGL 301 this term. I am a 3rd year Computer Science student at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver. Since I started studying at UBC in 2019, I have gained extensive experience in writing and communication through UBC coursework and previous Co-op positions. Possessing a team-oriented mindset, I am confident that I will be a strong addition to your writing team.

In my most recent role as a Software Test Engineer at NETGEAR, a Computer Networking Company, written communication with internal and external team members through emails and reports was a crucial part of my job. In my previous role as a Learning Tech Rover at UBC CTLT, I provided Tier-1 IT support by training faculty members on how to use educational technologies and troubleshoot problems that arise. In this placement, I had to accurately document technical issues and report problems to the higher-level support units such as LT Hub and UBC IT. Currently, I am working as a Teaching Assistant for one of the introductory Computer Science courses at UBC Department of Computer Science. I am collaborating with professors and other TAs to lead weekly tutorial sessions and office hours to guide students who are new to Computer Science and programming.

I am highly detail-oriented and always focus on accuracy. I always plan things out and finish assignments as early as possible. My weakness is that I sometimes have hard time to communicate in English as it is a second language for me. However, I expect my English skills to improve significantly after working with my writing team peers. My learning philosophy is that collaboration is the key to succeed in learning. I always take the lead in communicating with peers.

You can also download this application letter here: 301 Byung-Sun Park Application letter.

Please feel free to contact me through my UBC email: byungsun@student.ubc.ca.

As a prepared candidate, I sincerely ask for the opportunity to join your writing team.

Sincerely,

Byung-Sun Park