About Me

Hi Everyone,

My name is Byung-Sun Park, a third-year Computer Science student from the Faculty of Science at UBC Vancouver. I was born in South Korea in 2000 and lived there until I graduate high school in 2019. Then, I moved to Vancouver to start my study at UBC. Since I started attending lectures and meeting new friends from various backgrounds, I realized the power of communication. As a non-native English speaker, I found that I want to improve my communication skills. During my previous Co-op placement at the local tech company, I had a hard time transferring technical knowledge into written words such as emails and reports. Then, I realized that I especially want to practice my technical writing skills in professional settings.

As a person who is studying Computer Science, I’m highly interested in full-stack web development, UI/UX design, internet computing, database management, and software testing methodologies. In my most recent role as a Software Test Engineer at NETGEAR, I performed functional, non-functional, and regression testing on software packages of wireless products. My main duties included developing and enhancing automated test scripts in Python for network and reliability testing of mobile routers, which significantly reduced errors and increased test coverage of the product requirements. Through these experiences, I have discovered my growing passion for software development in broad tech fields, and that motivated me to learn new software technologies and tools. I’m currently working as a Teaching Assistant in one of the first-year computer science courses at UBC. I’m leading weekly tutorial sessions and office hours to guide students through systematic program design recipes and techniques.

Besides my technical and academic interests, I’m a big sports fan. I especially love playing and watching soccer. I support Chelsea FC from EPL and SSC Napoli from Seria A.

Citation for a visual: Limited, Alamy. “Computer Science Engineering Education Doodle Art with Black and White Color Outline Vector Illustration Stock Photo.” Alamy, www.alamy.com/computer-science-engineering-education-doodle-art-with-black-and-white-color-outline-vector-illustration-image227210441.html.