CakeDeals

Posted by: | April 1, 2011 | Leave a Comment

I am part of a club on campus called the Chinese Varsity Club. We recently held an event that was sponsored by the website, CakeDeals. They gave us cards to give out to each attendee, the premises of the card was to increase traffic to the website. The card is brightly colored (attention), promises a prize (interest and desire) and finally they are given simple instructions to log onto the site to see if they have won or not (action)!

This type of sales customer promotion is holding a contest to lure customers to try. To add onto that CakeDeals also sponsored a couple of prizes that added incentive for us to speak highly of them. The website does not actually sell any coupons or bundle deals, rather it is a site that compiles all the noise of the other coupon sites into one, neatly packaged website.

Cakedeals has solved a new problem arising from the recent trend in websites offering discounts and vouchers. They have found a niche in the online voucher industry without actually having to go through the hassle of sales, and contracts with business owners. While there are many websites offering daily deals and daily email subscription services, no one liked receiving all that extra spam and looking through each site seperately. Cakedeals successfully found a target market of those lazy, tech savvy bargain hunters that appreciate the  ease of all the deals in one site. Without the extra clutter in the inbox followers such as myself can compare and view all the deals being offered with ease. This is a product I have faithfully stuck to and promote to my friends and family, all of which find added value in the simplicity of the site.