Stormtech Photo-shoot

Photo from: http://www.bigkahuna.ca/pages/links

Today I helped with a photo-shoot for Stormtech. If you dont already know, Stormtech is a performance apparel store that sells everything from sports uniforms to daily clothing. Today they had a photo-shoot for their catalogue on my sailboat and it was a great learning experience and made me think a lot about marketing and business. The effort that was put into the photo-shoot, that took approximately three hours, showed how much work is put into marketing portions of the company. It is not just simply taking a photo and putting it into an advertising campaign, it takes time to get the perfect shot with the angles, lighting, backdrop, and pose all having to be perfect. The photographers also needed to make sure that the clothing and logos on the clothing were perfectly positioned so that the pictures accurately portrayed the brand.

I thought that the photo-shoot was well thought out since Stormtech is trying to become a competitor in the sailing market. Advertising people using their clothing on a sailboat or at a marina is a great idea to get sailors interested in their brand.

I enjoyed watching the photo-shoot and getting to meet the photographers and models and I thank Stormtech for the opportunity.