About Me

Page

My name is Casey, and I am a current 3rd year Human Geography major (with a minor in Urban Studies) in UBC’s Department of Geography. Having recently moved to Vancouver from Hong Kong, ArcGIS provides a fundamental platform in understanding my new, current environment and being more spatially aware of my surroundings. After embarking on the course GEOB270 (Introduction to Geographical Information Sciences), I began this portfolio to exhibit all the publication-ready/working maps and environmental explorations. Feel free to navigate around the main menu to view maps investigating storm surges, potential environmental risks, housing affordability and others – as each of these maps illustrate the skills I have acquired since learning ArcGIS software.

I hope through learning the skills within this software, I would be able to apply my knowledge in future environmental endeavours. Specifically, in the realm of landscape architecture, urban design or urban planning. ArcGIS has provided me with a set of abilities and forethought on how to evaluate, examine and question environmental questions.