Thank you BC teachers

When job action first began this year I was so discouraged.
I can remember job action taking place since I was in grade 5. Then this year, I was teaching grade 5. It is so frustrating to have your own education disrupted, and I found it to be equally frustrating to have my teaching disrupted. My next fear is that it will next be my own children’s education being disrupted. I’ve felt hopeless that the situation could improve after this long.
However, at this point, I am so proud of our BC teachers for fighting for what is needed in terms of learning conditions for our students. I feel optimistic because of the passionate battle they are fighting for the children. The public needs to continue to join them in this. In my opinion, the sacrifices teachers are making in order to improve learning conditions are huge. I’m sure they would rather be spending the last few weeks of school with their students they have built great relationships with, rather than striking.
Thank a teacher today because I’m sure one has made a difference in your life.
Thank a teacher today for not only the work they’ve done in the past, but for the future of education they are creating.
Thank you teachers.