Tutoring Services in Edmonton, Alberta

During the 2014-2015 school year I am available for tutoring in the Edmonton region. I am available during evenings and weekends, and can work with your child in your home or at a public space such as a library.

I am 3 courses away from obtaining my Education Degree and becoming a certified teacher. While I am studying to become an Elementary Generalist (to teach all elementary subjects) my specialization is Core French, and I have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology.

I have extensive experience teaching and tutoring French, ESL, Math and Science. I am able to tutor all elementary subjects, however at a high school level I tutor French and Biology. I am also available to help students of all levels with organization and study skills, both of which are crucial to academic and emotional success in school. I have experience working with students with learning difficulties and disabilities, and enjoy helping them find their strengths.

Rates begin at $20 an hour but are dependent on location/commute time, subject, age, etc. Please keep in mind that for the time I spend directly with your child, I spend an equal amount planning how to effectively tutor your unique child and how use our time together most efficiently.

Please contact me at cassandra.whelan@alumni.unbc.ca so we can discuss how I can help your child have the confidence and skills to succeed this school year!

I am also willing to discuss tutoring/nannying packages if you are also looking for a child sitter.