The Future Road

For the corn, I would think the price of corn will continue to show the downward trend. Last week the corn price shows limit up and drive the price of wheat, soybean and oil go up. That’s what most recap shows a “bearish” force. The market pushed lower because the harvest season corn in the next few weeks. It seems that short a corn would be profitable. But I would like to think offset corn contract for one or two weeks and change to know some more news for soybean market.

For the wheat, I would think the price would be a little complicated. Since the past week, close price was a new low for speculative sellers were active late. Then the corn market and corn market would influence the wheat market because of the high relationship. And the weaker of US dollar would also influence the wheat price. I would think that the wheat price fluctuate during a week. But downward trend would persuade me to keep short.

For soybean, that’s a new market for trade game. I find some data and think that the soybean market is not so activated as wheat and corn market. Perhaps that’s because soybean is not a great production amount.

2 thoughts on “The Future Road

1. I’m with you one keeping a long term short on corn. The last week was quite volatile but I expect there still room for it to move down from inflated drought levels.