Home

Welcome to Mr. McRae’s Inquiry II Project Page. Throughout this WordPress Web Page, (And Inquiry II Project) I hope to explore the evolution of technology in the classroom, via examples for adaptation of learning tools, as well as the issues of social media and the accessibility of utilizing technology as it grows and changes into the 21st century. Hopefully beyond this Inquiry project, this website will grow and evolve as a helpful resource for modern educators.

My Specific Inquiry Question is:  “How can I acknowledge technology in a practical and accessible method and implement it into my own classroom teaching?”

My interest in this subject as my Inquiry question lies with my personal experiences with the innovations in technology through the 1990’s and 2000’s, and prompted further by personal philosophies of Humanism and Transhumanism. When I was young I was in brief contact with a researcher at Reading University, Kevin Warwick, after reading about his ‘Project Cyborg’ in Wired magazine in 1998. This opened me up to the possibilities of digital technology and it’s integration into society at large, something which has been echoed faintly in the widespread Smart Phone adaptation of the mid-2000’s.

In my future as an educator, I will utilize technology in combination with my philosophies to try in my teaching to prepare students to walk into the 21st century world as rational, critically thinking human beings. I can only hope they will be ready to tackle the complex issues of the modern world and the related grey-scales that come with all of them. My goal is not to indoctrinate them to be perfect citizens or even perfect people, but to rationally and critically access everything around them in the future with the help of these new age tools they learn to use.

Thanks for visiting, and I hope this site is of use to you in the future.

For my personal professional website, please visit http://www.corymcrae.com/

Please note that this site is in progress, and will likely be so for an extended amount of time as new resources are developed or added. Thus in exploring this site if you notice any issues, errors, re-categorizations, or if you know of resources that could be added to this site, please leave a comment or contact me at cbmcrae@gmail.com.