Home

Welcome

Hi there and welcome to my web folio. On this site you will find a collection of work completed for my English 301 course, as well as information about myself to supplement an application for a volunteer opportunity in South Africa.

Feel free to click whichever link throughout the site feels right, or to help you navigate around here are the following pages:

• Bio: Read about me and my passions (and to see a photo of my dog)
  • Blog: Find out what I have reflected on for the past 4 months
  • Resume: Contains an online resume and PDF version
  • LinkedIn: A link to my LinkedIn Profile. Connect with me, let’s chat
  • Application Package: Here you will find the full package for my application to International Volunteer HQ, including the advertisement, application questions, cover letter, resume and three reference letter requests
  • Best Works: Highlights the writing activities I have done for this course. From writing definitions to complaint letters to peer reviewing formal reports

Engl 301

Welcome to my blog for UBC’S Engl 301 Technical Writing Course.

301 is an online course where students are given the opportunity to prepare for the tasks that may be expected of them in a professional context. This course will utilize various online and written communications to establish a foundation for many occupation skills. There are six main objectives to accomplish during this course as per the course description. In order to achieve these objectives, students will be required to work independently or collaboratively among the instructor and a writing team of peers. This course emphasizes being on time- working in a group requires everyone to stay on track.

There are three major assignments in this course:

1. Formal Report
2. Application Package
3. Web Folio

The formal report is worked on and revised over the course of the term, with a writing team that provides peer review and feedback of the project. The application package allows students to build a collection of material that will be used to apply to a job, volunteer position or grad school. The web folio is used to make a website that displays everything that has been completed over the duration of the course

My Comments and Expectations
  1. I am hopeful this course will provide me with transferable skills which I can take with me into the professional realm, either when I apply for co-op or graduate and begin my career.
  2. I hope to gain a better grasp of using LinkedIn, as having an online presence is so important today with technology and the web continuing to grow.
  3. Creating a website that allows a future employer to know more about me and give them a better idea of my own attributes is an exciting end goal of this course.
  4. Lastly, I have not had much experience in terms of working so closely with a group of peers in my undergrad. I expect there will be valuable lessons in communication, adaptability, patience and humility which I will learn with the time I get to work with my group.