Unit Two Reflection

This unit was a difficult one for me. Personally, I have been experiencing a number of things throughout these weeks that have made it difficult for me to focus on my classes. With that being said, I enjoyed getting a chance to write about something that I care a lot about. With the formal report I have been struggling to create my topic of interest into one less research based and more along the lines of a formal report. I have been questioning myself multiple times on whether I have a feasible topic, or whether I need to change it up. The back and forth has made it difficult for me to stay motivated with this assignment. I am hoping Kavie will have some time to sit down and chat with me for a bit as I know the Athletics is a little crazy right now with figuring out how to juggle the COVID situation.

My LinkedIn profile was sitting around untouched for a number of months before September. I just never got around to creating something out of it so I feel fortunate that I had to for this class. I am looking forward to working on it even once this course has ended. I feel lost at times because I have always done networking through other social media accounts on a much more casual basis and strictly for sport, and the professional world is different for me. None the less, I feel it is important to step out of my comfort zone and build a profile on LinkedIn to connect with others.

I have appreciated the peer review process and it forces me to look back on my writing and work to improve what I am trying to say rather than just write something out and never reflect back on what I have done or how much it makes sense. I have learned that I like to look at others writing to take notes and apply it to my own. I find I do not go into specifics as much as I would like. I am also trying to be more aware to NOT put a two letter word at the end of a sentence. Being cognizant of my own writing in a way has made it more enjoyable for me, because honestly I have never been a big fan of writing. Initially I was stressed about having an assignment due every few days but now I feel as though a rhythm has been created and as a result makes the task of writing seem less daunting.

301 Claire Eccles Formal Report Proposal Revised

Eugenia Fasciani Peer Review