Mar 21 / ceciliawang

Comm299: A person who inspires me

One of my favourite actresses is Audrey Hepburn. She’s graceful, smart and the epitome of a lady.

I can testify to what UNICEF means to children because I was among those who received food and medical relief right after World War II.

I’ve always admired celebrities like Audrey Hepburn and Angelina Jolie who work so extensively with charities . For Audrey, she was appointed goodwill ambassador of the United Nations Children’s Fund after her final movie role. As indicated by her quote above, she endured a similar experience under the German occupation and has since then vowed to help impoverished children for the remainder of her life. I think that in itself is a great achievement. From her numerous mission trips, such as Ethiopia, Turkey, South America, Vietnam and Somalia, just to name a few, it is clear that she hasn’t fallen back on that promise. She inspires me because I ultimately want to live my life and use my commerce degree to benefit the better good. Working for the United Nations, and more specifically following my dad’s footsteps by working for the IMF–that would be a life goal. My passion is in economics, and I would love nothing more than to dip my toes in this fairly new concept of international economic development.

C