November.

Seth Godin – Ideas in the Digital Age

Image Source: sethgodin.typepad.com

After scanning several business blogs these past few days, I stumbled across one by entrepreneur and marketer Seth Godin. His short yet insightful daily posts, a vast majority of which are on ideas worth spreading in the digital age drew me in right away (I’ll be honest, he does also look a little like Paul Cubbon, doesn’t he?).

Unlike other bloggers, Seth understands the Information Age. You can tell through his ideas he sees the changes it has brought upon the idea of marketing, and how marketing strategies cannot remain the same as the days of television popularity. Along with helpful content, many of Seth’s blogs are also very motivating. Whether that be him highlighting the tiny cost of failure we may face from the cost of not trying, or our stubbornness to sometimes change, the few posts I’ve read have all left me a little more inspired to always let my ideas grow.

Many other blogs I have recently looked up all highlight the same ideas we’ve covered in class. But what’s different about Seth Godin’s blog is that he often covers concepts we have yet to reach in class- a step deeper into many I do have knowledge of.

If you’re looking to dive a little deeper into concepts of marketing in today’s age or just for some quirky and motivational content, Seth’s blog is definitely one worth checking out.

You can find his blog here.

A few of my favourites:

1. Decoding Apple as a luxury tools company

2. The sophistication of truth

Standard