J.A. Laird – Pizza Party

Processed with Moldiv

Week 1:

To finish off the week at J.A. Laird we were invited into a grade 4 classroom to assist them in making their very own pizzas!! This was a co-operative based activity where students worked in small groups to stretch dough and build a pizza. All the students in the class contributed ingredients from home and the teacher had pre-made all the pizza dough. This activity, although not originally intended, became a celebratory end of the school year activity, so excitement was extremely high! Participating in this type of activity inspires me to have similar potluck type gatherings with my own students. In fact my practicum class did this as well, but what I really enjoyed about the pizza party was the student participation.

While on my 10-week practicum I was fortunate enough to participate in Project Chef and this particular experience helped me teach the students basic cooking skills on the day of the pizza party. I felt very comfortable just jumping in and assisting students and had quite a fun day!