Posted by: | 24th Oct, 2010

ZARA: An Affordable Fashion

Zara is a pretty successful brand among the whole world. It is the biggest brand in Spain and expanding to more than 50 countries as I know.  It builds big stores at almost every busy street and appeals numerous people every day. For me, Zara is one of my favourite brands because it can always catch the fashion trends quickly, most importantly, the price is reasonable!!!

A cloth of Zara in the latest fashion style can be 10-15 times cheaper compared cloth of some top luxury brands like Louis Vuitton and Hermes. The fashion trend changes so fast and unpredictable these years, those fashionmongers are so afraid that their new dress will be out of fashion some day. It is less risky for them to purchase a $100 Zara dress in the latest fashion style and pay 1000 bucks on a classical style designer dress which will never out of fashion. So, Zara has positioned itself successfully as the “throw away fashion” and doing a great job in this market. In the other hand, Zara Not only for those fashionmongers, it gives those girls with small budgets for dress a dream, that they can also looks as fashion as the models in Milan.

When it comes to the marketing strategies of Zara, I find an interesting one that can attributes to Zara’s success. Unlike those massive producing competitors, Zara only produce a small amount of clothes in a certain style and pay more attention on the variety of styles. As a consequence, consumers with different fashion tastes can easily find a cloth they like in Zara and have the idea that if they do not purchase that cloth this time it will be sold out on the next time. This strategy invisibly strengthens consumers’ willing of purchase and avoids Zara’s problems like overstock commodities.

I think Zara is a great resoures for marketing students like me for market analyzing. Hope I can do a better job next time when I get more marketing knowledge in the future studing.

Leave a response

Your response: