Intro

Here is a run-down of the ENGL301 course!

ENGL301 is an intensive writing course offered online by the University of British Columbia. Students will explore, learn, and develop their skills to communicate on a technical and professional-level within a learning environment. Course content (modules, readings, resources) is easily accessible on the instructor’s blog. The instructor divided the course into 4 units, 3 lessons per unit, and 1 lesson per week.

The focus of the course is to develop compositional skills when communicating on a technical and professional-level. Students will develop these skills by writing proposals, reports, and correspondences. Furthermore, the course ensures that students will constructively engage with the course content as individuals, collaborators, and with our instructor via reflection and feedback.

Although we are preparing for our careers by studying and receiving our degrees. I have found that practical skills in writing are often overlooked when preparing to enter the workforce. We can ascertain that we will need these practical writing skills daily to navigate our professional relationships, which is why I am interested in taking the course. My expectations for the course are to learn, develop, and enhance my skills in communicating clearly and concisely to my audience. Be that a business, superior, or colleague.