Reponse to “McDonald’s Make Over”

Not until I read Kate Wallace’s blog post McDonald’s Make Over did I realize the changes. This official sponsor of the 2010 Winter Olympics plans to spend 1 billion dollars to renovate McDonald’s restaurants all across Canada. As Kate has stated, the golden “M” has taken a big hit after the release of a documentary, Super Size Me. I, for one have definitely changed my fast food habits from three times a week to three times a month after watching this film. During the seven years after the documentary, McDonald’s has tried its best to regain customer loyalty and I agree with Kate that the new modern look will help reach their goal.

Aside from the new renovations, McDonald’s has launched their new McCafe line. Serving a wide variety of drinks and mini snacks, they seem to be heading down the same road as Starbucks. However the difference is in the price and convenience. The 24 hour operational McDonald’s, can help satisfy all your late night cravings with ease.

YouTube Preview Image

Revenues has raised by 9% after these modifications. This portrays the classic example of getting knocked down but coming back stronger.

Read article here.