Comments on other’s blog/blog #3

https://blogs.ubc.ca/jtugman/2014/09/24/blackberrys-hopes-of-a-second-coming/

I have read this blog and I agreed with most of the author’s opinions. He hold the idea that it is difficult for people to change their mind to buy Blackberries instead of buying from a brand that they have already familiar with. I totally agree that people do not expect to change, so blackberry may find it hard to dominate the market.

He also comments in the blogs that “trying to sell a dying brand to a market based around brand loyalty isn’t the brightest idea.” This is true that Blackberry is not a big brand compare with Apple or Samsung and it’s market share is suffering from a declining trend. However, Blackberry still has a good reputation and high visibility around Canada, or maybe around the world. Many people still believe in the brand name, and Blackberry still has a lot of fans around the world.

I also want to add my own opinion and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of Blackberry’s latest product ——”Passport”. It changed the screen width and made the aspect different from other smart phones, and research showed that this is the best width to make people reading and watching comfortable. It also developed the area of business uses and made people more convenient to use the phone in business.

From these points, we can see the innovation of Blackberry. However, I saw an arguement comment that it costs higher for blackberry to produce the handset compare with other larger companies like Apple, who shipped 32.5 million iPhones during the second quarter of this year, while BlackBerry moved only 1.5 million handsets. As a result, Blackberry have set a rather high price for the phone. So it may not balance the supply and demand.

Everything is uncertain now for the future of Blackberry. I am looking forward to watching the result.