Creating an Arc

Arc: a continuous progression or line of development

The Sauder School of Business Arc Initiative strives to join Canadian entrepreneurs and businessmen to business owners in other communities around the world. By hosting conferences and workshops, professors and students from Sauder successfully train local entrepreneurs to utilize different business tools, such as the SWOT diagram, Porter’s Five Forces, and the Business Model Canvas in their own companies, in order to increase sales and maximize revenue. One example of a company that has undergone Arc Initiative training is Salem’s Ethiopia, a craft boutique in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

I would like to someday go an Arc Initiative trip. I feel like this experience would be a worthwhile and great learning venture. The learning and teaching that happens on these trips is a two-way passage; an adventure for both parties involved. I would like to learn about local customs, especially when it comes to the business world, of different cultures. I’m sure that many entrepreneurs have their own methods to increasing sales, which Sauder students can learn when they go to different countries. The development that occurs on these trips is one that never ends.

http://www.sauder.ubc.ca/News/2012/Sauders_Arc_Initiative_mentors_entrepreneurs_in_Ethiopia