A Spiritual Journey

by Jing Liu ~ March 9th, 2007. Filed under: Professional Development.

Just got back from completing the nineth Northern Exposure to Leadership Institute, NEL 9. I am filled with gratitude to the leaders, mentors, and the sponsors!

I am in love with the spirit and vision of NEL. I feel rejuvenated and energized. I hope some of you will seek out the opportunity and give yourself the gift of attending a future NEL.
http://www.ls.ualberta.ca/neli/index.html

2 Responses to A Spiritual Journey

1.   Jing

Thanks Linda for sharing your learning experience with us. I heard from Qi about this posting, and just wondered around the NEL’ site. We both admire you.

I am not confident about my leadership ability, but I do like this kind of learning and gathering. Your posting reminded me about the Summer Luce Program I attended three years ago. We only spent two weeks together and the experience brought 28 of us (Chinese Studies Librarians) very close as a team. Our reunion party is coming up in two weeks in Boston and we all look forward to the second round program in 2008. It’s hard to find a group of people sharing the same goal and interest but with all kinds experience. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a group like that work together everyday? Well, We are now, but remotely in each individual libraries. Gosh, I miss them!

2.   Linda

Jing: You certainly captured the spirit of NEL. Have FUN at your reunion.

Leaders come from all walks of life and all levels in an organization. You are certainly a leader in promoting library school students and providing them with work opportunities and excellent references that advance their employment. You are a mentor to many and role model for us all.