What a happy annual meeting!

by Jing Liu ~ May 13th, 2007. Filed under: Life.

What a beautiful evening and what a happy annual meeting! Please look back our happy moment in video and photos.Happy moment:

Open Words (Video)
Smile
Call from Heather in Montreal
畅所欲言:
Jing
Jan
Ping
Linda
Ian
Min
Ying
Jian
Qi
Lei
Jie
Qiong
Wei
Ding

5 Responses to What a happy annual meeting!

1.   Heather

Thanks for the sharing of the video and the photos! I had no idea to find out how much I missed you until I saw you in the photos! By the way, I like the place.

Did anyone take notes? I would be interested to know more about the meeting. Any news/updates from the group members – if they don’t mind sharing?

2.   Jing

Yes, the place is lovely, spacious and bright! with a big patio and a small playground outside and an excercise room inside. Thanks to Jan and her husband for booking, setting up and cleaning up the room for us.

The notes! I still remember the excellent notes or minutes from the last year. We started too late this year and had too much food to remember the notes.

为了避免发表错误言论,我用中文在这里向你们远在他乡的同志汇报今年的成绩。

Min 退掉了几个当地的工作准备赴佛州上任,但是昨天的聚会有可能让她回心转意。所以我们不准备给她筹办告别晚会。

Wang Jian and Zhang Ying 获得不只一家公立图书馆的工作而且已经走马上任。

Zhu Lei 更是徘徊在如何拒绝专利工作的诱惑和如何选择馆员工作之间。还没毕业就有多家雇主热情相邀,让人羡慕呀!

Huang Qi 的情况也类似,经过一番思想斗争,选择了岛上作系统部的工作。夏天在Nainamo用Opensource 为公立图书馆组织电子资源,我今天刚和她预约将于中国的同行一道向她远距离请教。您何时来温,可与祺一道为组织提供一堂Systems Librarians Workshop.

Wang Lili 已经开始David Lam商业馆的Co-op. She, Linda and Zhu Lei can offer us another workshop on business information.

All this year’s attendees have jobs. They either have more than one jobs, or have been promoted. Only one exception, who went back to school!

To be continued…

3.   Jian

Thanks to Jing and Jan for organizing the annual meeting.The venue is such an ideal place for us.

What a nice surprise to get the phone call from Heather!

4.   Linda

Dear Lili: Would you please post a photo of yourself? We will be sure to take a photo for the photographer next time! Thanks again.
    Linda

5.   Heather

Thanks a lot for the updates, Jing! All sound great and very exciting! I am so proud of you and congratulations to all!