怀念黄宗忠教授

by Jing Liu ~ November 4th, 2011. Filed under: Events, Experience, Instructions, Libraries in China, Life, News & Announcement, Professional Development.

武汉市馆的开幕式上,陈传夫突然低声说, 黄老师走了。 培训的事就在眼前, 各位领导还在讲话, 我却忍不住走出了报告厅。徐鸿和我在厦门黄老生日那天想打电话祝寿,可是很晚都没人接电话。刚到武汉就听到噩耗,走廊里魏主任看出了我的异常,我说只是需要安静地怀念一下我的老师。

我高考那年是黄老师代表武大到北京招生的。受〈女大学生宿舍〉的影响一心想上武大,第一志愿新闻系,第二才是图书馆系。高考成绩比我想像的高出不少,满以为这辈子会当上记者,不料到了武汉, 出席的是图书馆的迎新会。 黄老师找到我, 说是他看到我的成绩,主动把我录取到图书馆专业。新闻系刚成立,无法与图书馆系相提并论。我当时实在不能理解这一生就如此注定了。现在想来,黄老师的决策和教诲至关重要。遗憾的是我不能参加他的葬礼,但是我回来了,是反馈培育过我的导师和我度过4年青春岁月的城市。 黄老师,您的话都应验了。 我以身为您的学生为荣,我知道您也为我骄傲!

3 Responses to 怀念黄宗忠教授

1.   Lingbo

We all have 贵人, or angels, in our life. We usually did not recognize them at the time when they appeared, and some people did not have the opportunity to thank them. What you have done – paying it forward – is the best you can do to thank them. You are the 贵人, or angels, to other people. By paying it forward, you are making this world a beautiful, peaceful and fulfilling place.

2.   Jing

Are you talking about me? I am really touched. These words remind me another person (Noble Person) on the trip–Dr. Lee Hwa-Wei, the only Chinese in North America who made all the way up to University Librarian’s position. I love him dearly, not because of his achievement, but his charming personality. He is the one making this world more beautiful and fulfilling. He gave me encouraging feedback right after every session I presented, he shared his family, love and career stories. I was brought to tears a couple of times. He treats people with all respect. He even walked into the kitchen to thank those people who worked overtime to serve us supper, and proposed a toast to our drivers when the big cheese’s around.

I feel lucky being a member of my team and having a friend like you.

3.   Lingbo

It proves that truly great people are the most humble. I know a few of them in my life!

In the long run, what we give is more important than what we receive in life, and you have given the Chinese library community and the profession so much. Be proud of your achievements!