BLOG

Chohyeon Kim
University of British Columbia
chk94@student.ubc.ca

January 21, 2023

ENGL 301 Students
University of British Columbia

Dear English 301 Students:

I am writing this letter to express my desire to join a professional writing team for this semester. I am confident that my skills and professional interests would complement those of the team, and I am eager to collaborate with a group.

Currently, I am pursuing a second degree in Computer Science at UBC in Canada. My prior degree was in Advanced Material Engineering in Korea, and I have also gained valuable experience through working as an engineer and researcher at several companies in Korea, where I had opportunities to develop my business communication skills.

I am interested in utilizing my knowledge of technology to enhance my writing, and I believe that my background in materials engineering and computer science will add unique perspectives to the team. I have strong research skills and am able to effectively organize and analyze information. Regarding my writing skills, I consider myself to be a clear and concise writer with a good eye for detail. Also, I have experience in a business communication setting, which I think will be beneficial for the team. However, English is my second language, and I may struggle with expressing my thoughts with the same fluency as native speakers. But I am constantly working on improving my language skills.

In terms of work habits, I am highly organized, efficient, and able to meet deadlines. My learning philosophy is based on continuous improvement, and I believe that there is always room to grow and learn. I am excited about the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with experienced writers on the team.

I would be happy to be considered for a position on the team. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Chohyeon Kim

Enclosed:

301 Elly Kim Application letter