Molson, Marketing, and…Iced Tea?

It looks pretty refreshing doesn’t it? As the weather heats up (if it ever heats up…) Molson is getting ready to launch its Coors Light Iced T that will sport a citrus, iced-tea flavour as its latest flavour innovation. You might wonder why I’d choose to speak about this in a blog that should be about e-marketing when a lot of the marketing done for the Iced T will be on the street, in person, with lots and lots of sampling during street level stunts. Like the vice-president of marketing for Coors Light says in this clip about how they’ll conduct their promotions, ‘tasting is believing’ and the most effective way to get people hooked on the new beer is to get them to experience the flavour as it swishes around in their mouth. However, no marketing campaign is complete now without amazing online advertising and I look forward to seeing what Molson does with its virtual marketing in order to substantiate its offline efforts.

Social media networks make marketing efforts go viral in just a few days. The power of online is extraordinary. I don’t drink beer but after seeing Heineken’s Walk-In Fridge ad that exploded across the Internet…I probably would’ve made that my drink because I loved the ad so much. And that just goes to show how effective online marketing can be when done right, when done in such a way that it really engages the viewer and is so entertaining that one can’t help but want to pass it on.

Happy marketing!

And because I love it so much…