The Human Brand

I was definitely going to stop blogging after the required 10 blogs – I just don’t feel like blogging is my cup of tea. However, given that I’ve locked myself out of Facebook until after finals, I naturally needed to find another way to waste my time! I feel like this new form of procrastination is a bit more useful though because I’m turning to reading articles and the news! I never read the news and I recognize that as one of my greatest downfalls.

Anyway, the article that caught my attention is called “10 Ways to Humanize Your Brand on Social Media” because I’m always thinking about how brands can interact with us on a much more personal level and therefore essentially become more humanized to us.  I skimmed over the 10 tips that Joe Chernov, the VP of Content Marketing for Eloqua, shared and thought they were some pretty useful basics for all of us to keep in mind.

Check them out:

1. Think Like A Social Network – aka treat everyone equally
  2. Start With Staff – get customers to connect to your employees before your brand
  3. Keep The Suits In Check – keep execs off of company social media accounts
  4. Create Access – to as many areas of your business as reasonably possible
  5. Treat Customers As Partners –  treat customers like the face of your company
  6. Reach Out To Key Individuals – networking is everything
  7. Own Your Mistakes – humans aren’t perfect, brands don’t have to be perfect
  8. Put Your Fans To Work – loyal customers are great helping hands
  9. Be Open To Debate – because let’s face it, people argue
  10. Be Present – that’s your promise

Happy marketing!

1 thought on “The Human Brand

1. Hey Christina, thought I would return the favour! I like that you are attempting to use your time wisely rather than Facebook! I certainly think it could be an example to myself hahaha, anyway good work on finding this article. I agree that brands need to come up with new ways to reach us on a more personal level and in this modern day its crucial that they do so to be successful. I think from all the tips a brand admitting its mistakes appeals to me most, too many times they will attempt to shove errors out of sight and appear deceitful. This idea of humanizing a brand if used well could certainly be very effective in my humble opinion!