The Impact of Customer-based Design

Yudan Liu’s blog brings up an interesting topic on the importance of customer-based design by reviewing the impact of Coke’s new customer-based strategy. Indeed, seeing my name on a coke bottle makes me want to buy it, as it adheres to a kind of personal feeling, and this feeling the new design instills in its customers has boosted sales “for the first time in a decade.

Source: http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/1799682_358755310960167_1437984351_a.jpg

Right now, competition in the market is high, and in any market, firms will have to consider using transient advantage to increase or even maintain their market share. More and more, the strategy grows customer-specific, and we see that any original idea that appeals to customers can boost sales by a large volume.

As a commerce undergraduate, the prospect of transient advantage excites me with its endless prospects yet scares me with the level of rivalry and difficulty I will eventually have to face. However, for consumers, these competitive strategies can lead to benefits they could never have imagined. As a consumer, I eagerly look forward to what other new kinds of strategy firms will create to capture my attention…