Re: Ariel Liu’s Air Canada’s New Low-Cost Carrier

Traveling by flight is not a cheap expense. I traveled to Hong Kong for a vacation this summer and my flight ticket was not cheap. This is why I greatly related to fellow classmate Ariel’s blog about Air Canada’s new low-cost carriers.

Air Canada understood the market need for a cheaper, less inexpensive flight travel and I believe it is a market they can thrive in. After doing some research on my own, their new low cost airplanes will have approximately 50 more seats than the preview regular prices flights. Compromising leg room for a cheaper ticket is definitely a choice many people will take and I believe this will help Air Canada’s profits.

Linking this to my Comm101 Class regarding our business tools, Calin Rovinescu, Air Canada’s chief executive said “We’re looking at this thing as being a significant tool in the Air Canada tool kit.” I believe it is similar to brand positioning, a tool I learned in my earlier classes. I believe Air Canada will do well by creating a new line under their wing using the Air Canada brand, which is still the strongest Airline in Canada.