Letter of Application

Dear Engl 301 classmates,

I am writing to express my interest in becoming a member of a professional writing team for the duration of the semester in your English 301 Technical Writing class. As a computer science student, I have strong analytical and technical writing skills that I believe would make me a valuable asset to the team.

In terms of my professional interests, I am passionate about technology and am currently pursuing a degree in computer science. I have worked on image recognition technology, and I am currently collaborating with an ophthalmologist to develop an application that detects glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, and macular diseases from retinal images. Furthermore, my volunteer experience at the Vancouver CrisisCentre has improved my communication skills, giving me the opportunity to gain new perspectives as I communicated with people from diverse backgrounds and in a variety of challenging situations.

In terms of my writing skills and work habits, I consider myself to be a strong writer with a keen attention to detail. I always strive to produce high-quality work and I am particularly skilled in technical writing, having written a scientific thesis in my previous degree. My learning philosophy is centered around active participation and collaboration, as I believe that working with others allows for the exchange of ideas and leads to a more comprehensive understanding of the material.

Email: chrisw21@student.ubc.ca

Sincerely,

Chris

ChrisWuEngl301ApplicationLetter