Reflection on Creating a Web Folio

Creating this web folio came with several challenges. Deciding on where I would post my folio was a challenge because of what I needed from the folio. I decided against reusing a website I created for my English 301 course because I thought it would be worthwhile to transfer the necessary components to a new page so that I would not have to rename old pages and delete old posts on the English 301 page that could be useful in the future.

While creating the new page I decided it would be necessary to create a website with a clean and attractive look to attract future employers in the sector that I would like to work in. Considering that I am not attempting to attract web designers or programmers, I decided that the site should look professional and only include elements that display my current skill set like my ability to write and create professional documents.

My main challenge with the site involved the material that is posted on it. Although the material, the assignments that I wrote for English 301 had been completed long before the creation of the website, this material needed editing. Suggestions had been made by my group members and professor to improve the quality of the materials which had yet to be implemented. Before I posted these materials, I edited them according to suggestions which were primarily about grammar, spelling, and what the documents were discussing. I also attempted to improve the documents by applying what I had learned during my English 301 course (like adding headings and subtitles) where appropriate.

In addition to this, there were technical problems. I was unaware that posts all had to be under one page on wordpress resulting in me having to delete many of my posts and paste the contents onto the English 301 Assignments page.