IKEA – Improving Lives, Improving Communities

by Chase ~ November 19th, 2010. Filed under: Marketing (Comm 296).

Kori Ellis brought up a topic of an interesting promotional campaign held by IKEA called The Life Improvement Project in his blog.

I think that this campaign is very original and engaging to their customers. With the tag-line, “Improve your community. Improve your life.”, IKEA will capture the interests of many customers to participate, as well as encourage and influence them to improve their own homes by using the IKEA products. This campaign creates a company image to the many consumers that they “care” not only for their own sales and profit but also for the community and for the good of their customers to improve their lives. Also, the contest gives a very valuable opportunities for their customers with no risk involved and people are always attracted by opportunities.

This “The Life Improvement Project” is a very creative campaign that is related and unique to the company. I am very curious to find out the project of the winning customer’s creation in the contest.

1 Response to IKEA – Improving Lives, Improving Communities

1.   Eileen's Blog | πkea in Futurama

[…] because not long ago I have just read another blog about Ikea written by my fellow classmate, Chase Lee.  In Sylvia’s blog, a video clip from the episode Less Than Hero of Futurama where […]