Monthly Archives: October 2016

1999 Acura Intregra Build

So begins a big project for my Automotive 11/12 students! I bought this broken 1999 Acura Integra for my senior automotive students to get experience working on a moderately old and high milage car that they have a good chance of owning in the future.

I am told by the previous owner that the “timing belt has skipped a tooth on one or both cam gears, causing the car to crank over but not start. The car was a daily driver before the incident”. Since this is an interference motor I can likely deduce that the engine has bent a couple valves causing a lack of compression in the cylinders, therefore prohibiting the car for running.

Besides the engine, the interior is is decent condition, and the exterior has a small amount of rust. I plan on removing all current rust and repainting the entire car to match stock colour, black.

At the time the picture below was taken, all engine accessories, driveshafts, wiring and plumbing is removed. All that is left is engine mounts the the transmission/engine combo will be removed for an entire long block rebuild!

Updates to come! Follow under projects/activities tab for progress updates!

img_5374

Mr. McCormack