Brandcameo- a site that reveals the shocking extent of product placement in movies

Zero-Live’s “Adformer”

Ever since the Reese’s Pieces in Steven Spielberg’s ET, product placement in media has seemed to climb almost exponentially every year. According to Brandcameo, in last year’s Transformers: Dark of the Moon, there were a total of a whopping 42 brands, in the mere 154 minute long motion picture. Some of the brands included Louis Vuitton, Starbucks, and FedEx. This made me ask the question; Am I watching a movie, or just a 2 and half hour-long commercial?

It’s scary how desensitized and unaware the average person these days is to these placements. I had no idea there were this many in this movie, until coming across this website. It goes to show you how well marketers are at getting their message out to consumers, despite the thousands of messages and stimuli we experience each day. Through the process of product  positioning, companies can get their products embedded in the minds of target market, through the simple knowledge of knowing the target audience for the movie.

Sex and The City- 101 PP’s

Blades of Glory- 54 PP’s

Think about what you’re watching next time you see a movie! Those marketers are sneaky.