Google’s Company Culture

After browsing the net, one company I found with outstanding company culture is Google! I was surprised to find out after watching a TV program that they offer their employees an amazing spread of benefits. These include free meals, laundry facilities, gym access, haircuts, generous health benefits, slides instead of stairs, games rooms, and nap rooms. The list goes on and on. 

All the fancy things aside, one perk of being a Google employee that really stood out to me was their “20% Time Program”. Employees are allowed to spend 20% of their time on whatever creative projects for the company that their hearts desire. I found this to be a really interesting benefit because I believe it serves 3 purposes.

The first purposed it serves is to intrinsically motivate the workers. They feel like they’re working at something they have control over and are given a sense of responsibility. Another purpose is provide a productive break for employees. Instead of giving them time to just fool around, Google gets it’s employees to do something useful to the company, and at the same time serve the  purposed to entertain them.