Linking Other Colleagues’ Web Spaces Link #1

Neil McCallum – https://blogs.ubc.ca/texttechnologiesneillmccallum/

I enjoyed reading through Neils’s blog post about what was in his bag from our week 1 task. Neil seems to be much more of a minimalist than myself regarding the amount of content in his bag. I appreciate and hope to be able to travel as light as Neil one day. Many of the resources and text I have in my bag are limited to digital formats, while Neil has many more physical books and other reading material. Neil did take the time to explore how each item in his bag linked to forms of communication like the “audio signals of communication” of his whistle and laptop provided. Both the content and how Neil represents himself and what he is passionate about shine through the content of his bag and how he presents himself as an environmental conservationist. 

Both Neil and I drew the same assumptions about our bag being quickly dated due to the products and items we carried. We also drew the same conclusion that there would be a lack of technology in each of our bags if we were to find ourselves twenty-five years in the past. 

Neil’s format of presenting his reflection of what is in his bag as a written response is easy to engage with. It poses no significant hurdles when considering how people would engage with his post.