Monthly Archives: February 2023

Unit One Reflection Blog

While writing

I used to use a separate sentence to define a term which would make my writing incoherent and difficult to follow. Using parenthesis definitions conveys the complex terms more simply and effectively while allowing my writing to be coherent and easier to follow.

I used history, analysis of parts, visuals, and comparison and contrasts for my methods of expanded definitions. These tools allow me to explain complex terms in a variety of ways to make the reader understand my writing more effectively.

Peer reviewing

Creating a list of things to look out for was very useful before peer-reviewing a document. It allows me to spot errors in the document, that I wouldn’t have noticed otherwise. This list can then be reorganized into sections of my peer review which makes it much easier to read for my partner.

Self-editing

My partner gave fantastic feedback. He recommended explaining terms that a computer science student wouldn’t know. I also didn’t complete all of the assignment’s requirements so I completely did those which include 1. another reference 2. another method of expanded definitions. I also re-did the formatting and added subsections to my assignment so that it will be easier to read and more coherent.

Link of peer’s review

LinkĀ  of revised revision

Email reply

To: Justin Tang, English 301 Student <jtang102@student.ubc.ca>

From: Corbyn Kwan, English 301 Student <naruto01@student.ubc.ca>

Date: January 31, 2023

Subject: English 301 Writing Team

Dear Justin,

I have already accepted the invitation to join your English 301 writing team. I agree with you that we would make an excellent team as our team all pursues to work in tech.

I read your application letter, and feel that you are an excellent team member to have because of the various positions you had in your previous degree, and I’m a huge believer that a variety of experiences will make you more competent

I also agree with your learning philosophy and am also a huge advocate of having an open mind to suggestions.

Looking forward to working with you

Sincerely,

Corbyn

Email reply

To: Delsther James Edralin, English 301 Student <dedralin@student.ubc.ca>

Date: January 31, 2023

Subject: English 301 Writing Team

Dear Delsther,

I have already accepted the invitation to join your English 301 writing team. Thank you for introducing yourself.

I read your application letter, and feel that you are an excellent team member to have because of your prior experience as an Architectural Technologist writing reports, and Architecture student writing research papers which is translatable when writing peer reviews for the team.

I resonated with your learning philosophy because I also believe that working with others will allow us to learn better, and this is an excellent philosophy to have as a team member.

Looking forward to working with you

Sincerely,

Corbyn

Email reply

To: Aman Johal, English 301 Student <ajohal21@gmail.com>

Date: January 31, 2023

Subject: English 301 Writing Team

Dear Aman,

Thank you for the invitation. I will accept the invitation to join your English 301 writing team. I read your application letter, and feel we complement each other since we both study computer science, and have prior professional experience.

I’m avid that you have previous experience peer reviewing, and writing reports as a pharmacist manager, and feel that it will transfer well when peer reviewing our team’s work.

Looking forward to working with you

Sincerely,

Corbyn