Best Works

This is a collection of my best works for this course

Revised Definition Assignment

• Purpose – The purpose of this assignment is to learn how to use the parenthetical, sentence, and expanded definition techniques to make explaining anything easier to understand.
  • Success – I learned how to use the parenthetical, sentence, and expanded definition techniques. I used them throughout the course and especially during the report to make explaining things easier understand for the reader. Methods of expanded definitions was incredibly insightful as they provided a strategized way to explain instead of the intuitive way I did before.

Revised Definition 

Revised Peer Review of the Definition Assignment

• Purpose – To learn how to evaluate our partner’s writing style and strategies, and especially evaluate the expanded strategy techniques and whether or not they are good or bad.
  • Success – I learned how to avoid imperative verbs as to make the feedback less personal. This is something I will carry on for the rest of my writing career.

Peer Review of Definition Assignment

Revised Formal Report Proposal and Progress Report with Surveys

• Purpose – To learn how to write a report proposal to deal with a problem. Also to write a progress report, and survey.
  • Success – The report proposal was great as I feel like it’s very translatable to a workplace where a lot of inefficiencies exist, and proposals are typically written out to deal with this. I learned the importance of providing ethical information with the surveys, and how to create a survey which is essential in the workplace.

Formal Report Proposal

Progress Report with Surveys

Revised Proposal Memo

• Purpose – To gain approval from our professor so that we start off on the right track.
  • Success – It turns out I started off the wrong track and had to change the audience to an authority that can make a decision. This was a great learning experience as it taught me how important the audience is.

Proposal Memo

Revised LinkedIn Best practices memo

• Purpose – To learn the best practices in LinkedIn
  • Success – Avoided imperative verbs to improve the tone so the reader is more likely to implement the actions. Also found it relatively easy to find information on these best practices

LinkedIn Best practices

Revised Memo to Evan Crisp

• Purpose – To learn how to write with a “Writing with You Attitude” so that the content writing is more related to the audience and more positive.
  • Success – Learned to avoid imperative verbs, and turn the negative into a positive which really improved the tone of my writing. I carried this on with the rest of the assignments.

Memo to Evan Crisp

Revised Peer Review of a Formal Report

• Purpose – To review our teammate’s formal report with a “Writing with You Attitude” so that we can improve our teammate’s formal report.
  • Success – My teammate thanked me for my peer review and said it was very helpful. I helped him with his content, and consistency with wording, typos, and grammar. I also avoided imperative verbs to improve the tone of the peer review.

Peer Review of a Formal Report