Marketing Project Reflection

For our marketing project, our group chose to focus on Pepsi Co. Prior to doing proper research and analysis, I had a very narrow-minded perspective on the company itself, only aware that it is one of the biggest beverage brands in North America and that their advertisement strategies have sometimes produced negative responses from the public due to poor company screening of ad/commercial ideas prior to production and release.

The process of systematically researching and analyzing various aspects of the business using tools we learned through lectures such as using the 4 P’s, STP and SWOT analysis not only showed the real-life application of these tools in the business world, but also helped to better understand the motives, direction, and vision of Pepsi Co.

Our group was effective in communicating and cooperating to complete all the assignments for the project, equally distributing the work, and learning from each other’s findings through group discussion and writing.

By learning how to creatively communicate our findings and analysis through media in order to present our ideas to the rest of the class, it helped not only solidify my personal understanding of what I had learned, from the theories and tools learned in the classroom but also taught me to translate what I had learned in class into something tangible, reports, videos, and presentation.