Autobiography

Teaching, I believe more than any other job, offers the ability to be a student; a constant learner. As someone who enjoyed their educational experiences, especially high school, I think it would be a lot of fun to work in that environment. I have always enjoyed helping others, and being a role model for young people. To be in such a position is an honor and something I am genuinely enthusiastic about. Over the years my natural strengths in communicating and connecting with youth pushed me in the direction of teaching. My experiences coaching high school sports teams, working and volunteering with youth in and outside of the classroom solidified my interest in educating kids.

High school is of particular interest to me because I see this environment as giving me more of a chance to see students develop and grow as adults. High school students are at a very developmental phase. It is a uniquely formative age and I want to help students throughout this period of their lives. I hope to guide them as a role model and direct them on a path of further self-discovery. I know that with my ability to connect and build strong relationships with young people I can positively impact their lives and future development.