Jun 02 2011

In the Sandbox with Moodle

Published by at 5:45 pm under Tool Kit

When I think of all the online courses I have taken in my lifetime, it is hard to believe that I have not had to create a course myself that was fully online.  My experiences have been as a student on the learning end of WebCT Vista, or Desire2Learn, or Blackboard, but never an Open Source platform like Moodle.  But here I am now working within a new format – Moodle – for the first time.  It has been a few years now since I have been in a classroom, but how I wish I had been exposed to the ability to create an online course for my students!   So now I get to create my very own course, but I am going to consider who my “students” are – they are my colleagues – my fellow administrators who could certainly benefit from some online learning, or should it be  the teachers that I have been conducting PD sessions for over the past few years?  Budget cuts have forced us to rethink how we conduct professional development sessions – and so instead of face-to-face sessions, perhaps a Moodle format would work. Imagine, designing a course that would bring administrators up to speed in say, Web 2.0 tools, and other great learning technologies. It’s worth a try.

But first, I need to learn more about Moodle – from the Toolkit, the online tutorials I have found, and from my classmates in this course.  Looking forward to playing in my new sandbox!

One response so far

One Response to “In the Sandbox with Moodle”

1. John Eganon 02 Jun 2011 at 7:21 pm

Sounds like you’re off to a strong start!

Trackback URI | Comments RSS