As a whole, unit 4 was significant, to say the least. There was no doubt, more pressure revolving around the three major assignments compared to the rest of the course. From a first glance, putting together the webfolio appeared to be a daunting task. This overwhelming feeling quickly dissolved as the project was put together. What made this assignment so fascinating to me was how everything we have done over the course of the year seemed to just click. Significant assignments from the entirety of the semester came together to complete the task with relative ease. Perhaps the toughest part of this assignment was not putting it all together in the first place, instead it was going back through all of the “best work” assignments to ensure that revisions were complete and the best they could be.

I was actually quite excited once I started putting together the assignment as it allowed me to see my development over a short four-month span. From the first post in which we students predicted what to expect from this course and what we were looking forward to getting out of it all the way to the completion of this assignment, it was evident that my technical writing had come a long way. The most notable developments came in my ability to peer review in a concise, effective manner. As this skill developed, I went from analyzing every detail, trying to decipher what was and was not correct, to being able to pick out detail with ease.

While reading back on the post I mentioned above entailing what I expected from this class, I realized I couldn’t have predicted what I was going to learn. Evidently, I had an idea for what the course was going to teach, but the most important skills I developed, such as the peer reviews and my communication even in simple day to day conversations have morphed completely.

With all of this said, the webfolio as stressful as it may have seemed from a first glance, was more about how far I have come in this class, that it was for my future endeavours. I certainly will be using the webfolio whenever possible, but I am far more grateful for what it has shown me from a hindsight perspective.