Loblaw Reinvents Marketing Plan

Loblaw has launched a new marketing scheme to target food-savvy Canadians. Since more and more competition has come into the food industry, Loblaw has decided to reinvent itself. Instead of having Galen Weston travelling to various communities in Canada talking about various products, the company has decided to focus on ads and commercials explaining where the food comes from, how it is made, and where it originated. This was out of the intention to target a food oriented society. It has been a trend now to have organic, and fresh produce. People are now starting to wonder where their food comes from, and how it is being produced. Loblaw realizes this, and is launching a new commercial that explains just so.

In my opinion, I feel this is a great marketing strategy that is innovative and one that will work. Being someone who is concerned about where my food is made, and where it comes from, I can relate to the customer segment Loblaw is targeting. It gives people a piece of mind knowing that their food providers care about the food process. For instance, how Loblaw’s extra virgin olive oil is from South Africa, instead of Italy. Loblaw is trying to target the mainstream foodie culture, and with that they are vowing to remove all artificial colours and flavours from their products. This attracts the new natural and healthy lifestyle which more and more people are leaning towards. I am therefore, optimistic about Loblaw’s new marketing scheme.

Sources:

Nguyen, Mai. “‘Crave More’ Attempts to Make PC a Lifetsyle Brand.” Marketing Magazine. N.p., 18 Sept. 2014. Web. 20 Sept. 2014. <http://www.marketingmag.ca/ advertising/crave-more-attempts-to-make-pc-a-lifestyle-brand-124926>.

Krashinsky, Susan. “Loblaw Targets Food-savvy Canadians.” The Globe And Mail. N.p., 11 Sept. 2014. Web. 20 Sept. 2014. <http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/industry-news/marketing/loblaw-targets-food-savvy-canadians-in-major-marketing-overhaul/article20647658/>.