About me

The Power of Compassionate Greeting — Center for Compassionate Leadership

A General introduction:

Hello! My name is Danisa Rambing I’m a first year UBC Bachelors of Computer Science student with a previous background in Public Policy and political research. I graduated in 2021 with a double major in Political Science & History from UBC and I’m currently a student Front-End web specialist/Business Data Analyst for the UBC Extended Learning Marketing team and a Front-End Developer for UBC’s student run newspaper — The Ubyssey. In addition to this, I am also a frequent contributor to the News and Culture section of newspaper. When I’m not working or studying, I enjoy writing and creating political commentaries on American and Canadian politics, UBC/student related news and often times theatre productions and art shows. 

My career transition:

While I enjoyed working in Public policy, I decided to transition into computer science and programming because of the innovative nature of the technology sector and the role of technology in managing the data security and social society of today’s political climate. In my previous undergrad I worked as a Junior Public Affairs Officer with the US Consulate in Vancouver and learned that there is a lot of opportunity for improvement in the systemic structure of financial, political and social security — a lot of which technology and software can help improve.

I also decided to transition after I realized how much I love creating programs and helping individuals through program creations I could make in less than 24 hours. The immediacy of programming was a very stark contrast to political administration and I loved how fast and urgent I could contribute to others.  

On a personal note:

In my free time, I like to find new restaurants to try, read the New Yorker and make small Python programs that make my life–and the lives of others–easier. As of now, I speak 4 languages and I’ve lived in 5 countries and hope to travel the world more once COVID-19 wanes down.