LinkedIn China

by DanyangLiu

Click here for the blog

This blog from my classmate talked about LinkedIn’s recent entry into the Chinese market. He gave several recommendations for LinkedIn.

• To tap into the Chinese market with a little bit more caution.
  • To expand to cities like Beijing and Shanghai.
  • Do not be too conservative with information.

However, I held a different opinion to the entry of LinkedIn into China. The stereotype of China being occlusion and autarchic influence people’s judgement on the introduction of LinkedIn into China.

As a Chinese girl, who were born and raised in China, I know how important networking is in a country as huge as China. It provide people with opportunities and information they desperately need to achieve their goals. However, it is hard to stay connect with the people who can help you. Hence, there is a high demand for social network like LinkedIn in China. Also, unlike other social networks like Facebook and Twitter, LinkedIn is more professional and more useful in the development of job market. So it might be easier for LinkedIn to be introduced into China. Moreover, the the government’s point of view, the introduction of LinkedIn is also beneficial for the society. First of all, this shows that the government are not overly controlling the media market in China, which is good for the reputation of the government. Second of all, the introduction of LinkedIn will provide entrepreneurs in China with a lot of opportunities to connect with investors and business angles all around the world. This will help boost the economy in China.

To sum up, I think the introduction of LinkedIn in China is more of a trend than a risky decision. LinkedIn, will benefit the society as well as the government.