Posted by: | 26th Jun, 2011

Exploring WebCT Vista- Part II (from Module 3: Interaction and Assessment Tools)

Taking a break from working on my Moodle quiz, I tried out the WebCT Vista instructions in Module 3. I successfully set up my WebCT Vista sandbox folder by accessing the ETEC 565A workshop and using the build tab. Next, I created a folder, entering my last name as the folder title. This will be a repository of all my explorations in WebCT Vista (when I get a chance from Moodling).

Next, I also set up my WebCT Vista discussion area by first creating my own discussion folder (again using my last name as recommended in the instructions). I developed a test discussion topic within my folder naming it “Assessment methods in Moodle.” In the description field I entered the following: “What are the different types of assessments you can use in Moodle? Explore both formative and summative options.” Next, I’m onto working on more of the e-learning toolkit as well as this week’s new discussion posting on “Assessment challenges and opportunities.” Additionally, I’ll have to go back and continue working on my very own assessment methods in Moodle.

Responses

Sounds like you’re off to a good start!