Archive for January, 2012

DVD Authoring

Saturday, January 28th, 2012

In the summer of 2011, my son Linden and I went on a 14-day wilderness backpack in the Canadian Rockies. I was the photographer and took many pictures. Once we got home and down loaded the pictures to a computer, I organized them and deleted the not so great pictures. In the end there are […]

Case Study Moodle or Vista – my reflection

Saturday, January 21st, 2012

After reflecting for a week on my quick response to these two case studies and reading my class mates responses, I realized that I live and breathe these types of scenarios on a day-to-day basis and I did not even need to think when I created my responses. My responses were based on my experiences […]

Applying the Frameworks: SECTIONS

Saturday, January 14th, 2012

As I was reading through the SECTIONS model by Bates and Pool, I found it resonated with me more than the Chickering articles. I was tempted to do a critique of the SECTIONS model as even though they state that it was modified from the distance education ACTION model to fit with campus-based universities, I […]

Faculty Observations – Digital-age teaching professionals

Monday, January 9th, 2012

As I am an administrator at a post secondary institute, my posting will be based on general observations of faculty in the programs offered in my department: a School of Business. Many of the faculty are mid to late career Baby Boomers and Gen Xers. As the Baby Boomers retire, new faculty which are Gen […]

First Post

Monday, January 9th, 2012

This is the beginning of my journey through ETEC 565a. The first week involved getting familiar with the course and fellow learners and reading and reflecting on the ISTE NET’s for teachers.