My Comments

Jeff Li has a really interesting article up on his Business Ethics Blog. https://blogs.ubc.ca/jeff0408/2011/09/14/just-be-yourself/.

I went to the article and I found myself thinking “I know people like this Drama Diva character”. I think it is necessary to investigate articles like this because in the work place we, as both employees or bosses, need to be able to work with a variety of people. Even though we may not like all of the extra curricular effort we need to put into people like drama divas, in the end it will make all parties involved and the company more successful. This article and Jeff’s points on it also relate very closely to our Organizational Behavior class which can help us learn techniques on how to not only deal with difficult co-workers but also how to encourage them to change. Hopefully the drama diva will pick up on the flaws in their behavior on their own. There are always going to be those colleagues that we have a hard time working with or understanding, however, in the long run, it will be beneficial to learn how to work with them effectively.

In this clip from “The Devil Wears Prada”, Meryl Streep plays the ultimate office diva.