Blogroll

Bookmarks

Un-confusing the confused

+five.me

Originally uploaded by discotraxxx.

For whatever reason, many students seem to be confused this term. Here are some of the more common confusions:
Is my course online or print-based?
How do I get my course materials?
When is my course going to start – I don’t see it on my webCT list (it’s a print-based course)?

As you know, students are sent a welcome email at the start of the term by our Course Support Liaison. You should have received a copy of this. If not contact our CSL. Sadly, some students have set their spam filters on high alert and consequently some of the emails were not received.

Here are a few things you can do to help un-confuse the confused (when they contact you):

• copy the welcome email into the body of an email message and sent it to the student.
    inform the CSL of any course materials issues that students encounter at the Bookstore (so she can follow up).
  • refer students to the e-learning site to login to their course if it’s online.
  • refer students to our website to review the Learner’s Guide
  • contact the Helpdesk if student’s don’t see their online course on their list (if the course is, in fact, online). Sometimes this indicates a course population glitch that we can fix.
  • Cindy