Blog Reply : Innovation : A Brand New Experience

Ha Pham’s post talks about how all businesses strive for innovation. This brought me to think about different businesses/organizations and how they innovated in different ways. Most people think of innovation as creating new features for a product, but I believe there are many other categories for innovation.

Companies can innovate in terms of marketing. One such example is how America encouraged the use of stairs instead of automated transport in a skytrain station. They painted their staircase like a piano to encourage walking on stairs.

Another way to innovate is customer service. One example of this is Apple. Their customer service is exceptional.  Not only do they help customers choose their products, but they also help them after their purchase with the Genius Bar. This helps build brand loyalty.

Last but not least, companies can innovate internal processes.  This can make manufacturing more efficient and increase profits. One way companies can innovate is through the use of different machines to increase efficiency.

I hope others realize that product innovation is not the only way you can set yourself apart. Marketing, service, and internal innovations are just as important.