Blackberry’s failure- Lack of innovative ideas

After reading Danny Jeng’s  “The future of Apple’s innovation“, it impressed me on how Apple is still continuing to differentiate it’s product after years of the launch of iPhone, it also reminds of me Blackberry.

Blackberry has great success before the introduction of iPhone or Samsung smartphone. However, nowadays, This company is now near bankrupt. How is that possible? The reason behind this is a lack of innovative ideas.

Before, blackberry was able to survive in the market with limited amounts of creative and innovation as they are the only designer and producer of smartphones. Back then, Blackberry’s focus was to provide quality phones with pretty much same features. However, the product life cycle of the previous products seems to decline as iPhone was introduced to the market.

As a consumer, I will always choose a product the is continually improving and makes my life easier. A feature that is can not be seen in Blackberry’s product. As a result, this caused the destruction of Blackberry. Innovative products make the business stands out from the crowd, such as Apple’s iPhone. It is impossible to compete if the products is a lack of creativity and outdated.

All in all, Blackberry’s downfall is only caused by the companies lack of creative product and is no longer able to compete in the market, as more innovative products is introduced to the market. The only way for Blackberry to continue to survive in this market is to catch up with other smartphone firms — by designing a product that will stand out the crowd.

Silcoff, Sean, Jacquie McNish, and Steve Ladurataye. “How BlackBerry Blew It: The inside Story.” The Globe and Mail. Thomson Reuters, 27 Sept. 2014. Web. 11 Nov. 2014.