Task 6: An Emoji Story

Reflection: It was much harder than I thought completing this assignment. First, I started to summarize the movie on an online emoji keyboard, but it was missing some of the new emojis. The next challenge was coming up with a synopsis using only emojis… especially for a movie that portrays mostly internal struggles in a protagonist- so difficult to convey emotions!

2 Comments

1. Hi Elizabeth,

The movie is Joker… I haven’t had the chance to see it yet.
    The Joker(clown) is a funny guy but is also sad… he become aggressive or gets hold of gun. He is upset and is angry/out or control. He become crazy, but becomes himself again and is a funny clown.
    Am I close? I also found that the online emoji keyboard was missing new emojis. I had fun figuring this out.

1. Hey Inhee,
      You got it! You did a great job interpreting the plot as well (phew!). It makes complete sense for me because I’ve already watched the movie, but I was interested to see how someone who hasn’t watched the movie would interpret my series of emojis. The joker definitely goes through a series of internal struggles and different negative emotions in discovering things about his own life and issues in mental health. These different emotions come to life as he kills more and more people (hence the water guns- because there are no real gun emojis), until the very end, where he completely accepts himself as he is and fully develops into the crazy joker character from the Batman movies.
      Also would definitely recommend watching it if you haven’t yet! It’s still out in theatres 😉
      Elizabeth